The Church and Community Fund (CCF) is pleased to announce its new overarching aim, set of objectives and three new strategic funding themes:
“The Church and Community Fund aims to grow the Church of England and develop its capacity to engage with the whole community”
By making grants to the national church and local projects the Church and Community Fund will assist the Church of England to:
• Develop its capacity to engage with the whole community through supporting innovative use of resources;
• Help transform areas of greatest need and opportunity and;
• Grow spiritually and numerically.
Strategic Funding Themes:
The CCF will support projects that:
• Significantly expand the Church’s engagement with neighbourhood renewal;
• Seek innovative ways of developing established community projects so that they either a) grow existing or b) evolve into new communities of Christian Faith, and;
• Replicate models of successful community engagement across the wider church.
The next closing date for applications is the 31st March 2014. Community projects run by parish churches, deaneries, dioceses and other bodies connected to or working in partnership with the Church of England can apply for funding of up to £20,000 for projects that significantly expand the Church’s engagement with neighbourhood renewal; and seek innovative ways of developing established community projects so that they either grow existing or evolve into new communities of Christian Faith. In addition grants of up to £60,000 are available for projects that replicate models of successful community engagement across the wider church. The closing date for this funding theme is the 30th June 2014.