Date(s) - 15/04/2018
6.00 pm to 8.00 pm
The Church of the Servant King
This will be a workshop focused on ‘Setting SMART Goals’ as part of our ‘Deanery Organising’ project.
The event will begin with prayers based on Matthew 10.5-20
We’re running an experiment with Deanery Synod between February and July. The aim is to see how “Community Organising” might help us to identify projects that will make a difference – and develop new leaders.
At the Synod meeting in March we identified four project teams who will develop their ideas into more concrete proposals. In May we will have an opportunity to vote on these proposals and turn some of them into action!
The projects are:
- Domestic Violence
- Finance (ie parish and deanery)
- Mental Health
- Young People.
The project teams have agreed to meet at least once before May. If you want to join a team, please let us know and we’ll get you in touch with the team convener.
Each team will be asked to make a presentation, calling for the support of the Synod. To help with this, it would be good to think in terms of:
- SMART Goals: are there things we could attempt to do that would be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound?
- Partners: Who might we work with to achieve these goals?
- Resources: What sort of resources might we need to find in terms of money, time, people, etc…
- Timescale: How long should we make this project a priority? When should we review it? Is it a short-term project?
You don’t need to be part of a team to come to the evening, but there will be an opportunity to help others to clarify their goals.